Amsterdam, October 1-3 2014
The EuroHRN network focused on key areas for innovative harm reduction practice and policy across Europe like overdose prevention, drug consumption rooms and promoting harm reduction through local drug policies.
The conference presented the results of the last 2 years of EuroHRN project activities. During the various sessions of the event the structure and future focus for the European Harm Reduction Network over the next years have been discussed.
This meeting also provided opportunites for drug user representatives to discuss the European Network of People Who Use Drugs (EuroNPUD) and for representatives of Drug Consumption Rooms to intensify their collaboration.
The following topics were highlighted:
- Overdose prevention (APDES, EHRN):
- the advocacy campaign 'I am the evidence'
- peer education in naloxone distribution
- debate on future strategies for overdose prevention
- Drug consumption rooms (FRG, Akzept):
- results of a pilot study in Amsterdam and Frankfurt
- analysis of concepts and best practices
- international network of Drug Consumption Rooms
- Promoting harm reduction through local policies (AFR):
- working with media
- involvement of PWUD in local policies
- harm reduction and law enforcement on local level
EuroHarm Reduction Network Conference
Dutch part - Nationale Harm Reduction Bijeenkomst
Dutch Harm Reduction: Redundant or to be revitalised?
European part - EuroHarm Reduction Network Conference
DCR in Europe -
New Drugs, new challenges?
Programme 3. oktober